SOCIAL DISTANCING IN AND AROUND OUR BEACH HUTS
The following points must be adhered to:
- All our beach huts must comply with social distancing rules and Government guidance with a Maximum of 6 people from your own household:
- A minimum of a two-metre distance between you and other beach hut visitors and/or seafront users must be maintained at all times;
- Promenades, pathways and seafronts must not be obstructed with seating or equipment ( Keep as near to the hut as possible and 2m away from others on the beach) a minimum of a 2m clearance must be maintained with other seafront users this includes using the taps;
- Please be aware that fines may be issued to those not adhering to the guidance.
Where is Wavelength Beach Hut located?
With the pier in front of you, looking out to sea turn right, walk along the promenade, round the bend, past ‘May’s Boardwalk Café’ and it’s 7 huts along after that. It is a pastel pink.
Wavelength is no. 39A and located on the front row
Maximum of 4-6 people from the same household in and out of the hut, leaving 2 metres between you and the neighbouring huts and the seafront promenade.
Wavelength is perfect for a smaller group, with a gentle slope down to the beach a few paces away! If you have a larger group we do have Alice Hut 40A next door, so could be booked at the same time.
Can I bring my dog?
YES! Dogs are more than welcome, Southcliff beach is dog-friendly all year round. Please remember to clean up your dog’s mess. A spare bowl and poop bags are provided. Please do not leave dogs unattended in/out of the hut.
Where are the nearest facilities?
Wavelength is near to the Pier toilets (open all year round) and to the promenade toilets (April to October only)
The closest tap can be found 3 huts away and up a small flight of stairs.
Where can I Park?
Church Road car park, CO14 8DE.
Station car park, CO14 8DH
Millennium Square car park, CO14 8AF
There is also parking along the residential streets nearby.
What time can I arrive and depart? Can I sleep overnight?
8am - 6pm (High Season)
9am-5pm (Low Season)
Unfortunately you cannot sleep in any Beach huts overnight.
Antibacterial wipes are available as you enter the hut. Please ensure you clean your hands on arrival and departure.
wipes/spray/liquid are also available for cleaning.
Our huts will be fully sanitised after every visit including soft furnishings.
We provide sacks for your rubbish so please dispose of this on departure.
Keysafe boxes/keys/padlocks will be sanitised after every visit.
What will I find in the Beach Hut?
- Small Foldable Table
- Water Carrier
- 6 Chairs
- Portable gas stove x2 (x1 Spare)
- Beach Toys
- Dog bowl
- Fire Blanket/First Aid Kit
- Mop/Dust pan and brush/ Broom
- Washing up bowl and accessories
Due to Health and Safety we have removed Tea Towels, Hand towels and Blankets. Please bring your own your own tea towel to wash up what you have used.
We want you to enjoy your day at Alice Beach Huts as a FAMILY but we can only keep our small local FAMILY Business going with YOUR HELP of adhering to the GOVT RULES.